The classic route. Summer or Winter, this loop of Listowel gets the blood and banter flowing. Make sure you do it with a companion or 7 to get the most craic out if it.
Run this one whichever direction suits your fancy. Get the climb out of the way at the start by heading up Church Street or leave it till the end by going over Market Street first.
Directions (Market Street route. Go the opposite way if you and your posse want)
- Start at the Community Center and turn right out the gates.
- Up through The Square, and left up William Street.
- Left over to the Convent Cross and stay right to head out the Ballybunion Road.
- Turn right at McKenna’s Timber yard and keep going down the John B Keane Road.
- Keep going straight through the roundabout at the cinema, and then past Lidl and Aldi, through the lights at Ballygologue Cross and up to the Tim Kennelly roundabout.
- Take a hard right at the roundabout to come back downtown past St Michael’s College, down Church Street, through the square and home to the Community Center.
- That’s 5K in the bag. Nicely done. 5K more than you’d do sitting down watching Corrie.
Garmin Connect Link –> Crusader 5K Route